Sunday, February 10, 2013

#etmooc Six-Word Story

As part of the #etmooc topic on digital storytelling, we've been challenged to publish our own six-word story.  Because I plan on doing this sort of project with Latin students, I thought I'd offer my first story using a famous line from Vergil's Aeneid, where Aeneas needs to console his men and give them strength during their hardships:  forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit (Aen. 1.203), which translates to "perhaps someday it will be pleasing to remember even these things".

image credit
We're soon to begin the implementation of a 1:1 program at our school that's certain to create anxiety and headaches, while we take our time to work out the kinks.  One of our most immediate concerns is the need for printing, including the question of how to avoid printing altogetherPerhaps in a few years, though, we too can look back at these printing issues with fond memories, in comparison to the alternative in the story.  I made his meme with Mozilla Thimble, but I welcome any comments on other meme tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment